Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Spinning Merino and Alpaca

A couple of days ago I started spinning some dove grey Alpaca/Merino I had sitting around.
Here it is as a two ply, nearly 8 ounce hank of lustrous, soft, strokable, semi-sport weight goodness. Look at how much shine it has.


Here's a shot out in the sunlight after I wound it into a skein.
I ordered samples of some new bare yarns to work on getting dyed and in the shop. Can't wait to see them. I have a worsted weight Alpaca/Merino coming as well as a bulky weight Merino/Cotton. Should be de-light-ful! I'm also looking at a DK Merino, a worsted Merino and a bulky Merino depending on what I think of the two samples.
Then I ordered some rovings to play with and get dyed up. I've got a Merino/Silk blend, an ultrafine wool and a Falkland wool coming. I've never experienced Falkland in person, so I wanted to test it out and see if it's something I want to stock in the store. Can't wait 'till those come and I can get to dyeing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment