Monday, February 23, 2009

Llama Batts and Knitting Needles

Been busy today. Here's what I've done. Oh so delicious, drum carded batts. Smokey lavender grey llama, dorset wool and silk. Can you say lustrous?
Look how fluffy and soft they are and oh the shimmer! These will make someone a very happy spinner. The llama who donated the fiber is my daughter's Hot Shot. His fiber is very silky with almost no guard hair anywhere. I'm thinking he may be what they refer to as a "suri" type llama. I really gotta learn more about those llama fiber types.

I also got the first two pairs of our lovely new walnut knitting needles done and listed. These are hand rubbed with beexwax and orange oil. The tops are hand painted and slightly distressed. I love them! They're 12 inches long and a wonderfully large 3/8 inch in diameter. So cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment